I made it through day 30 of my “no-buy”challenge/fiscal fast. Keep reading to see I learned….
- It was easier than I thought it would be
- I was forced to really think about what I needed, what I wanted and want I needed to pass on
- I was able to clearly assess what I owned in abundant supply
- I shopped my closet and discovered a lot “new” outfits by mixing and matching items
- My closet,though smaller than I would like, is now organized and visually appealing simply bc I have purged and created a system that works for me
- I got rid of shoes. There were some that I had not worn in a year and thats RIDICULOUS
- I did look up items on Amazon however, I forced myself to leave items in my cart so that I can decide if I really NEED or WANT it
- I learned that I am far from a DIY person. I had so many things that I kept because of a DIY vision I had and thats just not me. As a result, I am NOT holding on to anything for that purpose because its simply not a reality for me
- I evaluated my style and its very clear that I am simply obsessed with dresses. I LOVE structured dresses with a feminine flair. I stopped buying slacks a long time ago and I think that trend will continue
- I used to wear a 0 and then I became a 2. Now, I am a 4 and even a 6 in certain cuts and designers. I decided to get rid of anything that was a 0 or narrow size 2. I highly doubt that I will ever be that small again. There is no point in holding onto smaller sizes
- Purging and organizing gave me a high or rush (seriously). I even went as far as writing down all of my unopened makeup products so I know everything I have in my stash
- I also felt liberated by just throwing things away that I don’t like or that don’t work for me. (if I don’t love it or need it, I don’t keep it).
- I read a lot about minimalism and plan to take steps to move in that direction
- I sold some items at a resale store and was pleasantly surprised by the amount of $$$ I received for items I planned on donating
- I had a mental shift. Suddenly, I had a desire to prune other areas of my life as well , which was the BEST result
HAVE YOU EVER DONE A FISCAL FAST OR NO-BUY
IF SO, SHARE YOUR EXPERIENCE BELOW.
You might also like:The Girl With the Green Hijab
Check out my last post here
Don’t forget to subscribe for weekly content and while you are here, you should get comfortable, look around, and comment or like a post so I know you stopped by.
Have a topic request? Leave it below and I will address that topic within a week.
~Thanks for Keeping it Kinky~